Oh man, I’m feeling like I have nothing to write about today. Which is probably false. It’s just been such a whirlwind of a week that I’m looking forward to snuggling on the couch with Anydots, eating leftovers, and watching cooking documentaries on Netflix until I inevitable pass out at 8:00 pm.
This week, I:
- Played DnD on a school night (on Wednesday)
- Went to see Community Voices at Chapman on Thursday (6 30-minute documentaries made by students, and SO GOOD. The Casa Theresa one had me laughing and crying, but the rest were amazing too. Only the Cochlear one made me mad – SO INNACURATE)
- Had the weirdest meditation experience on Friday in which I felt both lectured to and appreciated, for some reason.
- Celebrated my grandfather’s 90th birthday on Saturday by going to a fancy lunch at Panda Inn and then eating mass quantities of pie at his house after.
- Celebrated my amazing mother on Mother’s Day by cooking her Eggs Benedict (with Belinis) and then taking her to a movie.
So perhaps it’s no surprise that couch-potato me is a little frazzled.
On another note, for the first time EVER I am only 1 book ahead on my Goodreads reading challenge. Last year I was perpetually 7 books ahead. This year, I’ve been clocking in at about 3. I’m claiming that it’s because I’ve been reading a bunch of non-fiction lately and those always take me longer. But yikes! I might swap out documentaries for a good book instead tonight.
I also want to mention, for anyone who is female and has unpublished stuff lying around, Half Of The World is running a literary contest for which the ultimate prize is $50,000. No restrictions on genre, but it must be a screenplay, short story, novel, written in English It also has to feature a well-rounded female protagonist. I mean, you might as well, right? There’s no cost to enter. Go check it out! https://halftheworld.media/